Tuesday, March 18, 2014

My Fuzzy Lamb: Expanded


So far people have weighed in on yesterday’s blog—My Fuzzy Lamb-- with stories of sleeping with a stuffed dog, a soft rabbit and a snuggly blanket. It would seem that numbers of us are hugging something warm, other than, or in addition to, a husband, in bed at night. A lovely leftover from childhood.

One honest husband writes that he is certain that were he not there in the bed, his wife would fill it with cute, fuzzy animals that do not snore!

Any more stories out there?

Sandy Smyth posted her experience of driving through the car wash with the sunroof of her car half open. Way to go, Sandy! That’s a Stupid 10 if there ever was one. Alice, having removed her wallet from her pocketbook, put it in an odd place and the frantic search made her late for church. Possibly a Stupid 3 or 4?

My most recent Stupid 10 was the following: My old Medicare card being Kleenex-soft and frayed at the edges, I sent for a new one. When it came I took it to Granville Printing where they said they could laminate it for me in an hour. I headed off to nearby Mrs. Green’s to buy vegetables and other sundries and returned to be handed this beautiful, gleaming, laminated Medicare card. It was gorgeous! I was so proud of it and could not wait for the next doctor’s appointment when I would whip it out and dazzle the receptionist with its up-to-date glory. 

I was still admiring it in the car when it dawned on me that something was wrong. Yes, indeed! I had failed to sign it. The card was absolutely blank where, at the bottom, it said: Signature.

You can imagine my dismay.

Now I carry both cards: I offer the new one, but in case someone gets fussy, I am able to produce the old one that does have my signature. (So far, no one has made that demand.)

Definitely a Stupid 10.

We have to laugh! Isn’t it remarkable that at the same time that we humans are bungling through the world, clutching, childlike, our stuffed animals or soft blankets in the night, we are also capable of spontaneous deep, original thought, creativity and acts of love, generosity and kindness unimagined?


Let’s celebrate every aspect of our being with delight, good humor and admiration.

1 comment:

Please comment here on Cecily's blog entry...