Thursday, April 17, 2014

Greetings Dear Readers:


This will be a different sort of blog. First let me say thank you for reading Life Opening Up. I am very happy that you are out there enjoying, agreeing, disagreeing and responding to the blog.

I am able to follow the numbers: how many people are reading and which blog and when. I even know when people are reading from a foreign country. I can see when a few people are reading in New Zealand, Germany—there is a constant 2—Switzerland, Italy, Russia, Sweden France, Israel, Belgium, England and more. I marvel! Generally speaking, those readers come and go.

I know nothing about any of you, unless you respond either by email or on Facebook or directly on my blog.

But this week has really pricked my curiosity. At the beginning of the week I noticed 1 reader from the Ukraine. The Ukraine?  Where bombs are going off? Where people are being dragged through the streets, imprisoned, executed, and terrorized? Someone is reading Life Opening Up? Is it an American? A Ukrainian who speaks English? Who is this person, I wondered?

A day later the number from the Ukraine revealed 2.  I thought: a friend. That happens, I’ve noticed. If 1 person shows up in a foreign country, it’s likely that shortly there will be 2. They may hang around or disappear, but in the case of the Ukraine readers, over this week, the group has grown to 8.

So, briefly, I am writing to those 8 people right now, hoping that they will read this blog.

We are thinking of you and praying for an end to the violence in your country. America yearns for peace in the Ukraine, a resolution to your political differences and the opportunity for the Ukraine to fulfill its unique destiny: the highest, best outcome for all Ukrainians.

 If you 8 readers are Americans living in the Ukraine, I hope and pray that you will stay safe.

I would love to hear from any of you and if you do write, I will, but only with your permission, pass your comments along without publishing your names.

If English is not your first language, please do not worry about it. Anything you might write would be most welcome.

I am honored that you are reading Life Opening Up. Thank you and God bless you all.
***


Not Sure How to COMMENT?

1. Click on the article title. 
2. Scroll all the way down the page
3.  See “Post A Comment”, click on the box to begin typing your comment.
4.  Click on dropdown arrow to “Select A Profile”
5.  Choose “Name / URL”
6. Enter Your Name and click Publish

7. You may be asked to enter a verification code to complete this (so they know you’re not a robot!)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please comment here on Cecily's blog entry...