Friday, January 10, 2014

Greetings


Speaking of Life Opening Up, this blog thing is completely new territory for me. A fresh experience full of possibilities and hope. My favorite things!

I wonder if you are really out there? Friends say that you are but it's hard to believe. Like it's hard to believe that the grip of this frigid winter will relent one day and leaves will return to the trees. We carry on as if winter weren't happening, struggling into our coats, scarves, gloves and hats, our various purposes pulling at us. A friend fell on black ice the other day and busted her head open. 

 The bears have it right.  To the extent possible, we should hibernate. I want to tuck in, reflect, make soup. Slow way down in my mind the way my feet do when I am wearing my heavy Yaktrax- shielded boots, in order to discover, like the bulbs frozen deep in the earth, what I can birth. 

There will be something, I know, because that's what nature does during its down time: it births something new. Perhaps a blog.  If only we could get that. Down time is pregnant with possibilities. And possibilities, as I said, are my favorite things. 

5 comments:

  1. I am so looking forward to reading your blog. Great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Enjoying your blog in Tucson, AZ! Cecily, you are always an inspiration and I look forward to your observations on life.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations on this grand undertaking, Look forward to following.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm looking forward to reading your blog Cecily~

    ReplyDelete

Please comment here on Cecily's blog entry...