Monday, May 26, 2014

I wasn't going to post, but . .

 I wasn't going to post today. It's Memorial Day-- the day we honor our war dead-- and I am supposed to be making the picnic but two events in particular caught my attention and I am pleased and excited.

The first is the  successful election in Ukraine held yesterday. Congratulations to this brave country! I am with the brilliant Madeleine Albright who said, according to The New York Times today, " Ukraine spoke through its vote." Now begins the hard work of unifying the country, purging corruption and negotiating through the tensions with Russia. Our thoughts and prayers are with you, Ukraine and Mr. Poroshenko.

The second excitement is that this morning a reader from Israel-- a first-- popped up on the blog stats. I am thrilled. And welcome to Finland and Lithuania.  I would very much appreciate hearing from any of you. Thank you for  taking a look at Life Opening Up!

Cecily Stranahan

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please comment here on Cecily's blog entry...